Vegetables, especially the green leafy ones are as much a part of diet as anything else. Incorporating appropriate portions of veggies in your diet as supplements is highly advantageous. Alternatively, vegetable supplements can be used. These supplements consist of vegetables, herbs, or other beneficial grasses condensed into pill or powder form. They provide all the nutritional benefits that the consumption of raw vegetables do and even more as they contain nutrients and vitamins in just the right proportion as needed by your body.
Why should I consider Green Superfood Drinks?
Supplementing the diet with veggies is extremely important as intentionally or unintentionally, people end up eating much less vegetables than that required by their body. On an average, people of all age groups eat less than 5 servings of leafy greens on a daily basis, whereas their daily requirements are much more than that.
Benefits of Supplementing your Diet with Veggies
- Vegetables are a good source of your entire nutrient and vitamin requirements for the day, helping you store away all the energy for the day; they also could alleviate the need to rely on carbs for energy.
- Due to their anti-aging properties, vegetables keep the skin looking young, aglow and fresh, preventing the formation of wrinkles and creases, thereby helping you look far younger than your years.
- Green leaves tend to lower the amount of fat in the body by burning away all the excess fats due to their anti-oxidant properties. Thus the amount of cholesterol is cut down, reducing the risk of development of atherosclerosis and consequently, stroke and coronary heart disease etc.
- Green color works miracles for improving vision; the pigments like carotenoids (especially lutein and zeaxanthin) present in veggies are extremely valuable in improving the visual health.
- The nutrients and minerals (especially calcium and phosphorous) derived from the vegetables help you strengthen your bones and keep them strong, preventing the risk of fractures.
- They lower the risk of many types of cancers.
- The inorganic nitrates in vegetables are extremely beneficial for muscles as they lower the oxygen demand of the muscles, making them work more efficiently while at the same time, reducing the work load on heart.
The recommended amounts of vegetables are 5 servings for adult men and 4 servings of vegetables for adult women. Consumption of raw vegetables rarely meets the recommended amount. It is, therefore, necessary to supplement your diet with veggies in order to provide your body with all the essential nutrients and vitamins.